Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Birds of Prey and Watercolors in the Rain


Birds of Prey (click for larger image)
another animeople, another bad pun. sorry.
Phineas is in a coop preschool twice a week. Instead of going home and folding laundry or cooking more floors for the next woodland house workshop I'm going to a cafe around the corner from the preschool and working on small watercolors while nursing a cup of black tea. Something about this rainy autumn weather makes me long for the bright light and gentle colors of watercolor painting. My old friend. My paints are dry and crackled. Like the zen grinding of Chinese ink I sit and rub them softly with water to revive them, listening to the rain and the cafe' chatter.

But Im still getting used to the finality of watercolor painting. I think I would have given Mrs.Robin a hand holding up a lollipop to her nestlings. Really I just think it would be fun to paint a lollipop so I imagine it will show up in a later piece. Meanwhile I'm working on Queen Elizabeth having a cup of tea with a Rhino head. hee hee.

1 comment:

  1. I love the owl one the best. Of all the animeaples you've painted this is my favorite. And if I ever have money to buy art again and this one is for sale- it's what I'll buy. So pretty!

    Painting in a cafe sounds as good as writing in cafes is. It's amazing how an environment full of noise and people can be calming and stimulate creativity.

    ReplyDelete