Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Invasive Youth

Dear Reader,
I am happy to say I shall hold off on doing more large paintings for a bit. in fact. now this biggie is done I plan to do an illustration commission, then its down to business. I really do not excel at the business side of being an artist. But the time has come, the walrus said...so much easier just to paint!


Invasive Youth 31" x 66"
the whole painting... but not particularly color correct- kinda washed out and blue. sigh...Mongooses are an invasive species in Hawaii (where I took the photo of the foliage). Children are an invasive species in my home...if, like the mongooses, innocent. Little red bird watches and observes. as always grumble grumble...I hate the process of reproduction. To get this above image i tiled 5 different photos together. There is all sorts of distortion because of this! Have fun finding it- its like a picture game. (Ill post a overexposed version at the bottom that hasnt been tiled so you can compare).

here is my partial image with the notion of tiling the 3 pics together. unfortunately although this one is good the others sucked!

 bleh!



 close up1

close up 2


No comments:

Post a Comment