Tuesday, May 8, 2012

June 9th Reception at RiskPress Gallery in Sebastopol


I sure hope, Kind Reader, that you can come to this opening! Almost all new work. Mostly animeoples but also my newest persimmon piece. Its a DIY show- I have to do it all-promo/card/food/even sitting the gallery. yikes. Man do I need to find gallery representation! On the other hand- full take on anything sold...so...that's nice. I'll be in the gallery when I can through June, but please schedule a visit if you want to get in and peruse the art at a certain time.

 Pictured here is the back of the postcard (thus the spot for an address).The front is Magnolia Dancers (see last post). I will send you a card if you send me your address (don't assume I have it! I am highly disorganized). I will email one to my 'list' today...or tomorrow. I have to pick up the little one and then the bigger one in an hour and then cart them off to a cubscout bridging ceremony in the woods, so tomorrow is looking more likely! ;-)



btw- the little Rhino boy is one of 15 small 3.5 x 5"panels (re-purposed linoleum samples) all hanging together on a re-purposed door for an interactive piece (you get to flip the samples about- they are awesome 1970's colors/patterns in warm neutral tones and wood). The piece is called "No Child Left Behind". Ironically the pieces were dropped off in Phineas's preschool anonymously- so..the school theme. All kids going back from present to the 1600's. The little Rhino with his stick and hoop is a tribute to my awesome friend Sarah who paints lovely Rhino's (or rather lovely gods and goddesses in Rhino form). check her out at sarahsoward.com.

I sure hope you can come to the show!

2 comments:

  1. Yay rhino! He's lovely, Sharon. And thank you for the shout out. :)

    I'm planning on making it to your opening reception! I'll actually be on the correct land mass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connect with the Home Depot. Can't find what you're looking for? Please call us:
    find home
    find property

    ReplyDelete