Saturday, December 25, 2010

Oragami Deer

.
8"x8" watercolor
No title yet. I'll have to ask my half Japanese sister-in-law. I'm sure she can come up with something clever. So lovely to sit inside on a rainy holiday and paint for four hours. Norman gave me a digital record player, so I situated myself at the table, recording great old vinal, and painting my strange Animeople.
I find animal headed people everywhere now. Perhaps its a Jungian thing, all these artists, fishing images out of the waters of the collective subconscious. I sometimes write to other artists when I find their animeoples. But they never write back. I guess that 'collective subconcious' prefers to remain anonymous on a conscious level. No above ground grouping together.
Two Animeople oils almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment